In America, there are around 3,500 species of spiders. Most of these aren’t poisonous and aren’t harmful to humans and pets. That doesn’t mean there are any poisonous ones. In addition, there are many people who are terrified of spiders. Spider control services come in handy for such situations.
Out of the many spiders that are well-known, the brown recluse spider is famous for its venomous bite. Misidentifying this spider is also common. Read on to learn what you need to know about this spider.
Brown Recluse Spider Facts
There is a lot of information that people don’t know about these spiders. Here are some important facts:
- Only 10% of brown recluse spider bites are considered serious.
- It’s the most common spider found among brown spiders and also the most widespread.
- It’s mostly found in the South and Central US.
- It’s a part of the Loxosceles genus of spiders.
- They are informally also called violin spiders.
- The violin-shaped marking on the body of brown recluse spiders can vary in intensity with their age.
- The most distinct physical characteristic it has is its eyes.
How To Identify Bites
Different pests have different kinds of bites. To identify a brown recluse spider bite, check for an area that is pale in the center and red around the edges. Their bites are flat, so if the bitten area is elevated, it’s most likely not a brown recluse spider bite. If you are bitten by a brown recluse spider, get it checked to ensure it’s not poisonous and call spider control services to remove the spider from your home. They usually aren’t aggressive, however, if you were to disturb it or come in close contact with it that made it feel threatened, it will bite.
Read More: Unknown Bites? How to Identify Bug Bites This Summer
Symptoms After Being Bitten
There are some symptoms that you’ll see after a brown recluse spider bite that will tell you that you were bitten by this brown spider and not another.
- You’ll feel pain when bitten.
- The site of the bite aches.
- You’ll feel pain around the muscles of your bite.
- You’ll also feel pain in your chest, abdomen, back, and legs.
- The site of the bite will blister.
- There will be bruising and swelling around the bite.
- Severe symptoms can include rashes, fever, vomiting, chills, difficulty sleeping, and dizziness.
Spider Control in Benton Harbor
Some spiders are harmless and just an annoyance, while others can seriously harm you. Don’t take chances with what the spider invading your place is, call pest control to have it removed.
Kal Pest Solutionsoffers spider control, but that’s not all. You can also get insect control, rodent control, roach extermination, and much more.We’re apest control company in Benton Harbor offering both residential and commercial pest control services.
Book an appointment today.